Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Renewed Sense of Hope

Hello blog friends. Sorry that I've been away, but now that I am a working woman again, life has been very busy. I have to say that I am thrilled to be working and am happy to be busy learning new things, rebuilding my skills, meeting new people and collecting a paycheck again.

I can't express enough how wonderful and helpful the journey has been with the Operation Relaunch Career "Dream Team" members.

My most recent experience has been working with Dr. Jeannie Tsai, meeting with her and her pleasant staff for a consultation. I do have to admit I was very nervous and a bit anxious about working with Dr. Tsai, but she made me feel very comfortable with her pleasant and professional manner. I was given literature to read and browsed through a binder of "before and after" photos of her clients. She let me know that I did not have to do anything I didn't want to do, and that it was totally up to me as to which procedures would be done.

Right away we discussed the many options available to me and she recommended a procedure using Juvaderm. She explained that with most women my age, gravity starts taking over, and that I had lost a lot of muscle around my mouth, which was creating what most people refer to as jowls around the mouth, as well as deep creases around my nose area. This gives the appearance of frowning and she felt that Juvaderm would be helpful.

After getting all this information I knew I had some big decisions to make. And then after talking to some family and friends and discussing the recommended procedures and the possible side effects, I decided to work with Dr. Tsai.

I made an appointment for the following week and have to say that looking back, it was pretty painless. Dr. Tsai once again reassured me that the results would be well worth it and that everything would be fine, and it was! She walked me through the whole procedure explaining step-by-step what she was doing and didn't proceed with anything without my permission.

I have to say that I like what I now see in the mirror and the changes are so subtle that people haven't really taken any notice. They know something is different, but don't know what that is until I tell them.

Thank you Dr. Tsai. You earned my trust and so generously gave your gift of youth to us and made us all feel beautiful in our own skin again. I am so very thankful tht I have been given this opportunity and to be on the receiving end of such wonderful and generous gifts. It may not show on the outside, but inside, my heart is beaming with gratitude and most of all . . . a renewed sense of hope and desire to move forward and start living the new life I have been handed.

Eva Shinn

No comments:

Post a Comment