Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Catching up on the Blog

Hi Everyone! It's Pam again with an update.

Since my last post I have gone through an extended interview process, which has been a great learning experience and a confidence-builder.  As Cindy Fassler has pointed out, I am interviewing the prospective employers as well, to determine if the job is a good fit for me. As it turned out, this wasn't the job for me, but I am feeling well prepared for the next interview, which I hope will be soon!


Micki Turner, our dream team fashion consultant, met with us at Cindy Fassler's office to discuss wardrobe ideas.


It was fun getting together, and Micki was very helpful. She gave some feedback a few outfits and helped me create a short list of items to purchase in order to present myself more professionally, which includes a tote (to replace my overly casual handbag and accommodate a resume folder). I also need appropriate shoes, such as flats or wedges in a neutral color (apparently"nude" is in!), plus a cardigan which is a nice, softer alternative to a blazer or jacket. She followed up with some t-shirt ideas, which  if they have a crisp neckline can look put together with accessories! Micki addressed adding more color to basic black with scarves. So basically: keep the style simple, but have some style!


Cindy has continued to be a great support in the job search, continuously giving me tips and encouragement, such as recommending that I send a hand written thank you note following an interview. It helps that she acknowledges the process, and emphasizes building one's sense of self-worth.


There's much more to catch up on next time. I need to get back on my training schedule, which has been hard to keep up with so many other demands on my time. I promised Andrew Duffy I'd get in at least 2 workouts per week.


Until then, best to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment